Designers selected as finalists need to present a cohesive collection of 6 to 8 head-to-toe looks on the runway at FashioNXT Week in October.
The runway collection will be judged for collection quality & aesthetics, creativity/originality and overall cohesiveness.
Marketability will be evaluated based on website, look-book and social-media strategy.
Designers maybe given up to three runway styling challenges.
Attendees of the finalists’ runway show at FashioNXT Week vote for their fave designers.
Judges will decide on the UpNXT winner, to be announced after the show.
Mentorship by FashioNXT Incubator:
Finalists receive mentorship from FashioNXT Fashion Incubator. Industry experts will cover topics cover the step by step from collection design all the way to sales:
- Design: How to develop a cohesive winning collection: by a former UpNXT winner
- Costing: Costing analysis for production
- Marketing: Digital Marketing Strategy: Blog, Media, Social
- Launch: How to better utilize fashion show as a marketing tool
- Sales: How to impress a buyer and get an account